Saturday, June 20, 2015

Life Since My Last Post...

So life since my last post has been pretty wild! I'll go through the events in bullet points so that I can get to my next series of posts: the ones you're all waiting for!


  • Jan 4- My grandpa, Mr. Fred Parsons, passed away on Sunday evening in his big green recliner, while watching my grandma putter around the kitchen.  It must have been the perfect time. And with tomorrow being Father's Day, I'm really missing him. A lot. And true to my family roots, I'm tearing up thinking about it.
                                            
  • Jan 5-9- Orientation to my new job as Student Nurses Associate at Rhode Island Hospital.
  • Jan 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29...?- Snow. Nemo. Ugh. Classes cancelled... Score! (I would later resent these cancellations.)
  • Early-March- Fargo! Spent a week in the great state of ND playing tourist.
  • About a week later- I bought tickets to Colombia (yes, South America) in the middle of the night and had to tell my parents...
  • A few days after that- My other grandfather, Leighton, had a ruptured aneurysm while my parents were vacationing with them in Florida. I thought for-sure that I would be grandfather-less in a matter of months. We are so insanely lucky that he came through with no deficits and is the same "Bumpy" (us grandkids are creative!), just a little more in need of an afternoon nap!
  • May 13- Pinning Ceremony to cap off my nursing degree! (Pun intended)
                                                   
  • May 15- #Courthouse2Whitehouse Wedding! Austin was a handsome groom and Riley was a beautiful bride. Austin's brother, Bronson, and his good friend Tim stood up with him and Riley's sister, Remington, and I stood up with her. We all cried.
  • May 16- Rush, rush, rush home for graduation early in the morning at the Dunkin Donuts Center in Providence. Nursing students get their own private graduation and the long annoying one because they're special, worked extra hard, and obviously deserve it. (Sarcasm- It's just how it worked out I guess.)
  • June 8- Took and PASSED a hugeee exam for the School of Nursing. If you fail it, they will withhold your diploma from you and make you take one of the senior classes over, even though you already walked across the stage. Turns out they give you an empty diploma holder for the pictures.
  • June 9-16- Colombiaaaa!!!
  • Now I'm home and working again so I can save up for another trip! To wherever I'm going to be living.

No comments:

Post a Comment