Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Happy Moment

Do you have one moment in your life that you look back on, where life was perfect? No worries, no troubles, and all was right in the world? I've always had good moments to look back on, but I can officially say I have that one moment that really completes my life. 

This moment happened to take place on a seemingly endless road in Minnesota. I was driving a white lifted truck towards the vanishing point on the horizon with the late-afternoon sun shining down on us. With shades on my face, coffee in one hand and the other arm on the wheel, the burning orange ball of fire sank lower and lower, but never quite disappeared, giving us hope that the day would never end. Wide open fields flashed by on either side as we covered the miles, one hay field at a time. As the time slipped away, four friends, some old and some new, belted out the words to the old country music slipping up from the speakers as if we were responsible for keeping the song going. Time didn't matter, destination was no longer important, and the impending good-bye was the farthest thing from anyone's mind. THAT... is my moment. The moment I knew that the future holds bright things. The moment I realized that its not so much the destination, but the trip. The moment that nothing mattered except for living, truly living. That is the moment that I realized I was about to have a long relationship with the Midwest. So friends, with my words marked, here's to the beginning of something great!





1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for making me desperate to chuck housework and responsibilities and head out on a road trip TONIGHT! Glad you had a moment to treasure.

    ReplyDelete